The OpenText World Europe 2021 online conference was held on April 14th and 15th 2021. Like every year, it brought the attendees up to speed with current trends in corporate content administration and governance.
Digital transformation continues to accelerate. COVID-19 has brought forward changes not only in the offer of IT solutions, but also in customer demand; people are working differently, remotely, and maybe even more effectively. IT is co-creating the “business” of organizations to simplify and streamline internal processes. The “Business Workspace” concept is a unique advantage and bet on the right card.
Among other OpenText news was that the period of acquisitions is ending, customers still continue to see OpenText as a “One Stop Shop”, a supplier that has such a broad product portfolio that it can cover any area of information management. The company intends to keep investing significantly into research and development in order to maintain its global leading position in content management.
Areas of major change in OpenText:
- Cloud variant software as a service
- Artificial intelligence penetrating a larger range of products
- Humanization and modernization of key technologies
- Integration with Microsoft 365
Main topics – cloud as a service
- OpenText also provides cloud as a service
- Products labelled “CE” – cloud edition – one product version
- Containerization (Kubernetes) = easier product upgrade
- Quarterly release management (21.1, 21.2, etc.)
OpenText is open to any cloud variant:
- Private/Public/OnPrem – transition without fees
- SaaS for simple scenarios
This is a reaction to the demand for smaller, more affordable solutions. It also offers micro-services such as combinations of OnPrem solutions with SaaS services; digital signatures, tools for sharing information outside of the organization, collaboration in M365, easy document generating and about 20 other services.
Modernization of key technologies:
- OpenText Magellan – AI penetration into traditional products
- Improvement of OCR/ICR technology
- Automatic archiving / import to DMS
- Analysis over large data volumes
- Integration with accelerated M365 products – Extended ECM for M365
DMS – Content Suite Platform (content server)
- Further improvement of Smart UI
- Smart Document Templates
- Intelligent Viewing
- Intelligent Filling
- Stable offer reacting to cloud, HANA, S4,…