A business process consists of an organization’s people, information content, and applications. Increased productivity and the value of cooperation of the entire chain can be improved only if these three elements work together within an integrated environment. The general goal of process management is to optimize processes so that the company can respond to dynamic changes on the market and the customers’ needs. Business Process Management (BPM) offers tools for management, optimization, automation, and transparency of both enterprise and customer processes. If this goal is achieved through the use of software, the resulting effect is strongly positive and the benefits are maximized.
BPM is a complex tool for management and administration of internal and business processes for the entire period of their lifecycle
Typical business cases for BPM implementation include the processes relating to the handling of invoices, business trip / vacation requests, preparation and approval of quotations, contracts, or complex business processes such as liquidation of insurance events or bank loan approval, etc. Generally speaking, each organization has its own specific key processes. Prerequisites for productiveness and efficiency of processes are fulfilled if people, company applications, and information content work in mutual harmony.
IXTENT Business Process Management provides:
- initiation of processes based on events and rules — BPM enables response automation on the groundwork of specific events and predefined rules;
- process responsibility, monitoring, and reporting — BPM offers highly sophisticated tools for tracking, administration, and evaluation of processes within the system. It also provides you with tools for optimal decision-making and management through control over the approval processes. These predefined tools enable detailed analysis of both current and past process information and valid process changes;
- graphical process design and modeling – the user-friendly graphical environment enables fast and easy modeling of processes and preparation of forms for individual workflow steps;
- user-friendly interface — BPM integration into enterprise ERP systems or legacy applications will ensure not only the process flows but also create a user-friendly interface for the employees working in the environment of various applications;
- information content interconnection with processes - BPM enables integration with a broad scale of systems: various databases, ERP systems (such as SAP), SCM, and CRM, Microsoft Sharepoint Server, Office applications, Microsoft Outlook, etc. BPM supports international standards (Workflow Management Coalition Interface) which guarantee interconnection with various systems and applications;
- process tools and scalability — management of various business processes and their interconnection into a single complex process together with almost unlimited scalability of system performance enables the system to grow together with the customer’s needs.