Today’s enterprise IS are being replaced relatively quickly by new ones with higher performance. Developments in the field of information technology are advancing very quickly, and compatibility between modern and legacy systems may or may not be possible (due to discontinued application support, different platforms/architecture). Data from historical information systems must, however, be preserved for accessing by the new systems or for proving possible claims under valid legislation (audits, laws, legal disputes, historical data value, analyses, report, etc.). IXTENT offers a solution through which historical data from the legacy system can be preserved while ensuring continuous production migration to the new system with the original data.
Data migration project requirements:
- migration of essential data and archiving of selected data from multiple historical systems;
- maintaining access to data in accordance with requirements specified by the company and by legislation (audits);
- unification and simplification of application architecture and infrastructure;
- ability to work with selected data in the current system;
- simplified user access to selected data (navigation tree structure, user views, etc.);
- limiting risk of data loss;
- long-term financial savings (salary and operating costs relating to administration of historical systems).
These in particular represent solutions using standard archiving system platforms with custom settings according to customer requirements in accordance with specific data and process structures.
- reduced risk of historical data loss due to software incompatibility;
- fast utilization of historical information for new processes;
- compliance with requirements for norms and standards;
- logical interconnection of enterprise knowledge across departments;
- assurance of company data integrity and optimal records sharing.