We implemented another project at TOS VARNSDORF that extended the previous “Business Case Agenda” to include the “Service Call Agenda”. The objective of this project was to maximally automate and streamline the service technician deployment process. A workflow was created and the ModuleSuite tool was used for this purpose.
In the previous “Business Case Agenda” project, we implemented CSP from OpenText at TOS VARNSDORF. The current project merely extended the solution to include the “Service Call Agenda” . Implementation took place between September 2022 and April 2023.
In an effort to automate and accelerate the service technician deployment process as much as possible, the solution was built on a workflow (WF) that runs directly in the DMS. The proposed map from TOS VARNSDORF was used as a starting point for creating this WF. The ModuleSuite (AnswerModules) tool was also used for automation, as it provides an extended functionality for the DMS system. Without this functionality (AnswerModules), it would be impossible to implement the process according to the customer’s requirements.
Description of the WF process:
- The workflow is launched manually by the technician directly from the business workspace of the specific service call using a button. He then selects the main service technician for the intervention.
- The service technician opens the job in the workflow and selects the colleagues who will participate in the deployment with him, as well as the language in which the forms will be generated.
- After selecting the number of service technicians, service reports are generated in the workflow to record working hours.
- The main service technician fills in the form with all the necessary data in the workflow and this data is then added to individual forms.
- After the service technician fills in all the necessary information, he shows the form to the customer and has them sign it. The signature is automatically added to the generated forms.
- After signing and generating the forms, the necessary documents are e-mailed to the customer.
- After the service technician has confirmed the e-mail and the customer has signed the documents, the workflow moves to a senior employee who checks the documents and confirms their accuracy in the workflow.
- The workflow continues to the clerk who checks the documents, incorporates them into internal documentation and confirms that everything has been processed in the workflow. After the clerk’s confirmation, the workflow ends and the documents are uploaded to a specific location in the DMS.
- The service technicians on the service call use portable devices (tablets and smartphones) with the OpenText Content Server Mobile product installed.
The “Service Call” project was delivered by a team of five on IXTENT’s side using a waterfall approach. At the moment, analysis and preparations are underway to start the implementation of the next agenda – “Contractual Documentation”.