Exceeding the document limit in an obsolete license
MEGATECH Industries Hlinsko s.r.o.
About the customer
Megatech Industries is a leading international automotive supplier specializing in the development and production of systems, modules and individual plastic components for the interiors and exteriors of passenger cars. Megatech Industries’ subsidiaries are located in several countries on two continents. Its global team, with 3700 employees, focuses on the research, development and production of a wide range of interiors, to rear door covers and electric coils.
The challenge for IXTENT from this customer was the issue of exceeding the limit for the number of documents in the license and an outdated software license. The objective was to quickly launch a Kofax Capture document license. The solution was not easy, the required ad-on was no longer available, but the employees of IXTENT still found a functional solution. IXTENT soon managed to upgrade it to a supported version.
Part of the supply was also the renewal of hardware equipment related to archiving documents – a scanner.
Megatech Industries now uses OCR technology to extract data from invoices (digitizing documents by scanning and converting into editable formats), incoming invoices are scanned from various of channels into the system – they are written into SAP and stored on an SAP Content Server.
Megatech approached IXTENT at the end of 2017 and beginning of 2018. The result of the preparatory phase was in a 5-day implementation of a solution that partly took place at the client’s headquarters due to user training, and partly remotely.
What is OCR?
OCR (optical character recognition) is a method that enables the digitization of printed texts using a scanner, which can then be used as with normal computer text. The computer program converts an image either automatically or has to learn to recognize characters.
What is Kofax Capture intended for?
Kofax Capture ™ automates and accelerates business processes by extracting all types of paper and electronic documents and forms, transforming them into accurate and processable information, and completely delivering them to target applications, processes, and workflows. This results in significant cost savings and, at the same time, improved solution management. Kofax Capture is a flexible and scalable product that enables customers to define “where” and “how” document images are extracted and indexed.
The main benefits of Kofax Capture:
- Fast processing – speeds up paper and electronic document extraction.
- Enhances data accuracy – advanced recognition technology can extract all types of text (including machine-printed or handwritten) in over 140 languages.
- Process preparedness – Kofax VRS® patented technology intelligently cleans, selects the correct orientation, crops, and corrects the inclination of documents before data is extracted
- Extraction wherever and whenever – a flexible and highly extensible solution with both centralized and distributed capabilities that can extract from any source at any location.
- Automatic learning – with Kofax Transformation Modules®, software can quickly learn to understand unique document types (modules using “learn-by-example” technology for classification, distribution).
- Rapid return on investment – ROI is typically achieved within 12 months due to increased efficiency and lower operating costs.