OpenText announced their release of OpenText™ Content Server 16.2.10. This version contains many user functionality improvements, collaboration tools, cloud readiness and document management.
What exactly is new in Content Server 16.2.10?
Smart View Capabilities
- Faster browsing and viewing of Business Workspace.
- Faster and easier uploading of files by dragging whole folders.
- Optimized screen layout for extended widgets.
- Improved search-based control over data administration.
- The option of running multiple functions when administering data.
- New role, permissions and relationship administration within Business Workspace.
Extended System Functionality
- Workflow steps can now be used to create Business Workspaces.
- Workflows can now be started using the “Recently Viewed” widget, Business Workspaces and merged documents.
- Personal notifications allow users to quickly create tasks which they can assign to themselves.
- Notifications can also be assigned to groups, improving teamwork.
- The extended search now supports email address template search, user mentions and hashtags in full-text search.
- DocuSign®, a third-party service, is now available as a workflow step.
- Collaboration with users outside your organisation is possible using new extended administrator and audit roles, as well as improved synchronisation through OpenText Core Share.
- Sample Docker images and implementation scripts are now provided to allow customers to develop their own Kubernetes and Docker platform installation processes.
- Automation was expanded to cover the export, import and scripting functions for more than 500 environments.
- The System Center now supports synchronization of updates, patches and language packages in managed environments.
Administration and Document Management
- File transfer functions were improved (such as the ability to select multiple objects for transfer).
- File upload limitations are now available – based on type or name templates.
- Can be configured to exclude obsolete values to help improve the relevancy of the propagated search results.
- Search restore tools allow you to update a restored index with the changes made since the last backup date.
- Users with the proper permissions can delete the contents of a folder.