In the first half of this year, Kofax company decided to issue an extensive release of the ReadSoft Invoices product – Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 6.
After several minor versions, which after the successful acquisition of ReadSoft continued with the ReadSoft Invoices name for the product, the name was finally changed for the major version. Soon a correction of errors was issued in the form of the first service pack. The latest version is therefore version 6.0.1 (Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 6.0 SP1). The product as such does not bring any big changes, it is rather a sum of all the previous versions and the first step to rename the product.
Here is a list of minor changes:
- Within next three years, the OmniPage OCR engine will be removed, the main part will be the OCR engine from ABBYY (OmniPage will be switched off in one of the following minor patches).
- It is possible to sort the inbox content according to the input channel.
- It is possible to set the concrete inboxes as read only.
- Concrete fields can be read only during verification.
- There is a new check of batches digitalised outside the central workplace (in distant localities).
- The original name of the image file can be used regardless the input channel it came from.
- It is possible to import a profile even if such a profile already exists in the system.
- It is possible to delay invoice data transfer for a certain time (the process does not have to start immediately after the invoice have been approved during verification).
- The transferred data can now also include the input channel from which the invoice was received (also the e-mail address from which the invoice was received).
- It is possible to set that some of the fields (at the level of invoice items) will be obligatory.
- It is possible to use the Kofax VRS product also for scanners which are not certified for the ReadSoft Invoices product.
- The invoice recipient identification has an improved way of logging.
- It is possible to connect the exploited field directly to the database table containing static data.
- ReadSoft Collector has new settings enabling to ignore an e-mail message attachment of a certain size.
- It is possible to return feedback by an e-mail directly from the verification client.
- It is possible to generate an XML invoice also in the landscape page format.
- WebAPI was developed and included in the product installation. The installation also includes a trial web client which shows the possible final form of the client (the implementation does not include all the properties required for the productive use).
The pictures below sum up the biggest benefits of the new version in three basic parts (input channel, data exploitation and output to the target system):